Publicado el 18 Apr 2016
One hundred and eighteen homes have been affected along 16 blocks in the area known as Bypass in this town located in Los Rios province, after the earthquake of Saturday night.
Horror took hold of the people, who left their homes to seek help. The town went dark by power outages.
Petita De Luca, local resident, said that the slab and the walls of her bedroom collapsed: “I came out almost naked, kneeling, to ask for help, it was horrible and now we’ve lost everything.”
A few meters away, Patricia Piguave said that three walls of her house fell down, so she and her family remain in a tent.
The mayor of the county Jhonny Teran said that 80% of damaged houses are of composite construction (cane and wood, or blocks and wood) and the remaining 20% of cement.