• ENGLISH
  • ESPAÑOL
facebook
twitter
  • National>Entertainment
  • National>Local Economics
  • National>Local Politics
  • National>Society
  • National>Sports
BREAKING NEWS
Cristian Espinosa was appointed Ambassador of Ecuador to the United States
Daniel Noboa receives the credentials of the new United States ambassador
40,000 women will receive scholarships in higher education
Julian Assange released from prison, after agreement with the United States
Armed Forces: Criminal gangs have lost USD 1.2 billion due to military operations in Ecuador
Minister of Defense: “It is not fair that some risk their lives, while others play with justice”
How can green banana flour enhance baked goods?
“I’m crazy for wanting to serve my country,” says Daniel Noboa at the presentation of “La Cárcel del Encuentro” in Santa Elena
Construction of the Encuentro maximum-security prison in Santa Elena begins
National blackout in Ecuador due to transmission line failure, confirms the Government

Jalkh’s appearance ended with incidents

Posted On 01 Jun 2018

Ecuadornews:

 

The members of the Judiciary attended a hearing to present orally their disclaimers to the report of the technical commission of the Transitory Council that evaluated them. Abruptly and without the members of the Council of the Judiciary to present their evidence of defense ended the appearance in the Council of Transitional Citizen Participation (CPCCST), this Thursday, May 31.

This was due to an incident that took place between the president of the Council of the Judicature, Gustavo Jalkh, and the holder of the Transitory Council, Julio César Trujillo. As announced, the five members of the Judiciary attended the public hearing in the Transitory Council to present their allegations of disclaimer to the report made by the technical committee of the agency.

After Jalkh finished his 34-minute oral intervention, began the appearance of the vocal Ana Peralta. At that moment, Trujillo noticed that the President of the Judicature had been located in the area prepared for the attending public. “Here you have a seat, doctor,” said Trujillo, interrupting Peralta’s statement. Jalkh replied: “I’m fine here, thank you very much”. Trujillo then rebuked him: “here you have to be with your colleagues”, which motivated a counter response.

Trujillo raised the tone and exclaimed: “He does not have any hierarchy that he can assert here, accompany his companions … do not force me to use the public force to place him in the rightful place”. Jalkh then asked to read the rule he infringed on by sitting in the audience; immediately left the room. This action motivated the other members: Ana Peralta, Rosa Jiménez, Néstor Arbito and Alejandro Subía, also to leave the site.

Faced with the facts Trujillo said that Jalkh “refused to obey an order of this presidency and in solidarity with this act of rebellion against the Transitional Council the companions of the President left the session.” In the exterior, the vocal Néstor Arbito indicated that they left the site, since the guarantees did not exist so that they exposed their allegations and to distort the accusations indicated in the report.

During his appearance, the President of the CJ indicated that of the complaints filed (882), only 114 were qualified and of those only one had a signature of responsibility. He argued that the Comptroller’s Office has not made any observations to the contests made by the presiding body. “I think the counselors have not read the report.”

He also assured that the Comptroller’s office certified that they did not find any responsibility of the judges of the Judiciary in contests, “supposedly rigged, which is a disrespect to prosecutors and judges of Ecuador who won clean contests.” He stressed that the inexcusable error is a figure that has been mistaken for judicial error and that, by mandate of the 2008 referendum, judges are subject to being denounced for this inexcusable error, which must be verified and sanctioned by the Judicial Council.

Pablo Dávila, member of the Transitory Council, indicated that they have guaranteed on three occasions their right to defense to the authorities of the Judicature, “we will comply with the process.” Counselor Miryam Felix said that the abandonment of the room is a sign of “disrespect and arrogance” of officials. “They want to minimize our work.”

Subsequently, the President of the Judiciary at a press conference stated that they also sent in writing the discharges to the report of the technical commission, which he indicated as “incomplete and lacking in spelling”.

He warned that they are aware that based on advance statements by the President of the council they could be dismissed, but that they will follow due process. The CPCSST said it will issue the resolution on the evaluation to the CJ next Monday, June 4 at 10:00. (I)

 

 

Source: https://www.eltelegrafo.com.ec/noticias/politica/3/gustavo-jalkh-comparecencia-incidentes

About the Author
  • google-share
Previous Story

The voice of Paulina Calahorrano has gone

Next Story

Ten types of ‘extra’ obligations press Ecuador’s fiscal situation

SEARCH

LATEST NEWS

ecuadortimes-cristian-espinosa-was-appointed-ambassador-of-ecuador-to-the-united-states_cristian-espinosa-fue-nombrado-embajador-de-ecuador-en-estados-unidos

Cristian Espinosa was appointed Ambassador of Ecuador to the United States

Posted On 28 Jun 2024
ecuadortimes-daniel-noboa-receives-the-credentials-of-the-new-united-states-ambassador_daniel-noboa-recibe-las-cartas-credenciales-del-nuevo-embajador-de-estados-unidos

Daniel Noboa receives the credentials of the new United States ambassador

Posted On 27 Jun 2024
40-000-mujeres-recibiran-becas-en-educacion-superior

40,000 women will receive scholarships in higher education

Posted On 26 Jun 2024
Copyright © 2010 - 2019. All Rights Reserved. EcuadorTimes.net