• ENGLISH
  • ESPAÑOL
facebook
twitter
  • National>Entertainment
  • National>Local Economics
  • National>Local Politics
  • National>Society
  • National>Sports
BREAKING NEWS
Cristian Espinosa was appointed Ambassador of Ecuador to the United States
Daniel Noboa receives the credentials of the new United States ambassador
40,000 women will receive scholarships in higher education
Julian Assange released from prison, after agreement with the United States
Armed Forces: Criminal gangs have lost USD 1.2 billion due to military operations in Ecuador
Minister of Defense: “It is not fair that some risk their lives, while others play with justice”
How can green banana flour enhance baked goods?
“I’m crazy for wanting to serve my country,” says Daniel Noboa at the presentation of “La Cárcel del Encuentro” in Santa Elena
Construction of the Encuentro maximum-security prison in Santa Elena begins
National blackout in Ecuador due to transmission line failure, confirms the Government

Berlusconi’s Brother to Stand Trial over Wiretap

Posted On 03 Jun 2011

A judge in the northern city of Milan on Friday sent Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi’s brother to trial for the illegal publication of a wiretapped phone conversation in conservative Italian daily Il Giornale.

Paolo Berlusconi, who owns Il Giornale, will stand trial in Milan on 4 October for receiving stolen goods and conspiring to reveal confidential material regarding an opposition politician’s remarks on a bid to take over one of Italy’s leading banks.

Berluconi vowed to prove his innocence of the charges and said that his and his family’s reputations had been “sullied” by “illogical declarations and conjectures that have no basis in truth.”

He was allegedly allowed to hear the taped conversation by the firm Research Control System which had been contracted by investigators to make the wiretap.

The probe was based on the assumption that the parties knew they were illegally obtaining the tape.

The former leader of the one-time opposition Democratic Left (DS) party Piero Fassino is asking for 200,000 euros in damages over the 2005 phone conversation between him and Giovanni Consorte, former chairman of Unipol an association of insurers which came close taking over the Banca Nazionale del Lavoro. In the wiretap, Fassino was recorded as telling Consorte: ”We have a bank!”.

Source: EFE

About the Author
  • google-share
Previous Story

Banco Pichincha will Offer its Services in Colombia

Next Story

Comic Club Guayaquil Develops the Ninth Art in the City

SEARCH

LATEST NEWS

ecuadortimes-cristian-espinosa-was-appointed-ambassador-of-ecuador-to-the-united-states_cristian-espinosa-fue-nombrado-embajador-de-ecuador-en-estados-unidos

Cristian Espinosa was appointed Ambassador of Ecuador to the United States

Posted On 28 Jun 2024
ecuadortimes-daniel-noboa-receives-the-credentials-of-the-new-united-states-ambassador_daniel-noboa-recibe-las-cartas-credenciales-del-nuevo-embajador-de-estados-unidos

Daniel Noboa receives the credentials of the new United States ambassador

Posted On 27 Jun 2024
40-000-mujeres-recibiran-becas-en-educacion-superior

40,000 women will receive scholarships in higher education

Posted On 26 Jun 2024
Copyright © 2010 - 2019. All Rights Reserved. EcuadorTimes.net