Forbes magazine ranked this Monday, March 2 the American Bill Gates as the richest man in the world, surpassing Mexican Carlos Slim, who repeats this year the same position of 2014.
Gates retained for the second consecutive year the place he recovered in 2014, and the one he has occupied in 16 of the latest 21 editions of the Forbes list.
Owners and presidents of technology firms predominate in the list. The traditional list the magazine of the United States present every year, shows as the 10 people with the greatest fortunes of the planet:
- Bill Gates: US $ 79,200 million. Origin of his fortune: Microsoft
- Carlos Slim: US $ 77,100 million. Origin of his fortune: Telecommunications
- Warren Buffett: US $ 72,700 million. Source of his wealth: Berkshire Hathaway
- Amancio Ortega: US $ 64,500 million. Origin of his fortune: Zara
- Larry Ellison: US $ 54,300 million. Source of his wealth: Oracle
- Charles Koch: US $ 42,900 million. Origin of his fortune several sectors
- David Koch: US $ 42,900 million. Origin of his fortune several sectors
- Christy Walton: US $ 41,700 million. Source of her wealth: Wal-Mart
- Jim Walton: US $ 40,600 million. Source of his wealth: Wal-Mart
- Liliane Bettencourt: US $ 40,100 million. Origin of her fortune: L’Oreal