Rules ready. Commerce, services and public spaces in Guayaquil have regulations to adapt to the new phase of distancing due to the coronavirus that begins today, in accordance with the provisions of the National Emergency Operations Committee (National COE).
Despite the fact that by decision of the Guayaquil COE this city will start in red , which means that the workday is restricted to essential sectors, health, food and others only with home service, the body of councilors approved the ordinance that will govern this new normality in shops, companies, bays, industries and more.
The text emphasizes the security that both employers and employees must comply with as restrictions are lifted in the city hardest hit by the new virus. The employer must generate mandatory operating protocols as well as talks for the care of employees.
Workers must maintain a distance of 2 meters during entry, stay and exit work, and the use of surgical masks during the workday. The Council of Guayaquil also provides that the use of common areas such as waiting rooms or any other meeting space is prohibited . He recommends avoiding work meetings and using technological tools. In addition to discouraging employees from using other employees’ phones, desks, offices or other work tools, whenever possible.
Commercial and service units must provide their clients with gel hand sanitizer with 70% alcohol at the entrance and exit of the premises. Any establishment where more than 30 people work daily, must install a carpet or spray tray with disinfectant prior to entering the premises. Cloth towels are prohibited in the bathrooms of these establishments. ATMs can operate as long as they have an antiseptic gel dispenser on one side.
The markets and commercial bays will also have to adjust to this new normal. Your tickets must have disinfection arches and in their kiosks and premises there will be only one person in charge. In addition, the floor will be signposted to maintain social distance.
The ordinance contemplates sanctions for the owners or lessees of establishments that do not comply and do not enforce users and employees depending on the size of the place. For kiosks, wheelbarrows, parking lots and the like it will be half of a unified basic salary. Locals of up to 30 square meters will be fined a unified basic salary. Those over 30 square meters up to 200 must pay a penalty of two wages. From 200 meters to 300, it will be 4 wages. While those who exceed 300 meters will be six unified basic wages.
The municipal Justice and Surveillance Department will enforce the ordinance. The recidivism will be sanctioned with the double accumulative fine every time there is an infraction to the new rules.
OTHER DATA OF THE ORDINANCE
- Workers and employers should fill out a health assessment form every Sunday to quickly identify suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- The elevators will be for use by people with reduced mobility and cargo transfer. In the case of high-rise buildings, the capacity must be reduced to 60% and a maximum of four people.
- The establishments, as far as possible, should change the credit card payment system to approximation readers. Cash must be disinfected.
- Supermarkets and pharmacies must dedicate specific shopping hours for vulnerable populations (senior citizens, pregnant women and people with disabilities).
- Businesses and venues should post signs that promote personal care habits, maintain social distance, avoid touching their faces and promote the use of masks.
- Eliminate free samples in stores. Also testers of products such as makeup. The merchandise return policies are temporarily suspended.