Last night, during the inauguration of ministers in the Yellow Room of the Government House, President Rafael Correa appointed eight changes to his cabinet team as part of the restructuring of the Executive function.
A surprising change was the appointment of Freddy Ehlers, former Minister of Tourism, as secretary of the newly created Presidential Initiative for the Construction of the Good Living Society.
- Vinicio Alvarado left the Ministry of Public Administration to take the Ministry of Tourism.
- Cristian Castillo, consultant in institutional reforms, will replace Alvarado in the Ministry of Public Administration.
- Lenin Lara will replace Johana Pesantez, as head of the Ministry of Justice.
- Pesantez will occupy an important position abroad, possibly in Spain or France, as stated in Carondelet.
- Francisco Rivadeneira was appointed as Minister of Foreign Trade.
- Betty Tola will take charge of the Department of Political Management
- Leonardo Berrezueta was appointed National Secretary of the Presidency
- Fernando Cordero is the new director of the Social Security Institute (IESS).