The Internal Revenue Service (SRI, for its Spanish acronym) started coercive proceedings against six players, for having non payed income tax obligations.
Alfonso Obregon is the only former soccer player who owes the treasury. The ex defender for Liga Deportiva Universitaria de Quito, is managing ways of payment at the moment. He’s debt is $18,318.78 for the year 2006.
Here´s a list of the prosecuted players and the amount of each debt:
1. Johvani Ibarra (Independiente Jose Teran) to $ 79,101.27 for 2006 by 2007.
2. Jorge Guagua (Atlante) to $ 4,255.28 by 2009.
3. Ivan Hurtado (Greece) to $ 3,929.13 by 2005.
4. Bonard Garcia (El Nacional) to $ 1,319.07 by 2011.
5. Jayro Campos (Barcelona) to $ 5,302 by 2009.
All of them have preventive measures such as prohibition to leave the country, except Garcia