The Ecuadorian industry expects non-tariff inputs from the European Union
Currently, according to the Ministry of Foreign Trade, 92% of the products imported by Ecuador from the bloc are already duty-free. The remaining 8% is the one that will benefit from the total or partial tariff reduction. Among these, there are four large items that include medicines, vehicles, inputs and capital goods. When looking at the disaggregated list of articles, there are industrial ovens, construction profiles, different types of fibers, chemicals, paints, agricultural fertilizers, medical machinery, vaccines, among others. One of the industries that will benefit will be the textile industry. Although imports are mainly made from countries in Latin America, inputs such as chemicals, dyes, etc., primarily for finishing, are brought from Europe, said Javier Díaz, president of the Association of Textile Industries of Ecuador.