The government of Ecuador condemns attacks in Sri Lanka
Ecuadornews:

On Sunday, President Lenin Moreno sent a message in which he condemned the attacks in Sri Lanka and showed solidarity with the families of the victims who died in bombings and churches. Other leaders in the region also expressed their rejection of this event
Ecuador condemns the attacks this morning in Sri Lanka against churches and hotels. With deep sadness we express our solidarity towards the families of those who have suffered the consequences of hatred and intolerance “, that was the message that President Lenin Moreno wrote on the Twitter social network.
The statement was made after learning of the attack on Sunday, April 21, in Siri Lanka, located in southern India. A string of explosions have so far left more than 200 dead and about 450 people injured, according to official data.
Authorities also noted that the explosions occurred in four hotels, three churches and a residential complex.
Authorities from other countries also spoke out and rejected this attack, which coincides with the celebration of Easter Sunday, the last day of Holy Week.
In Latin America, Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, Chile and Argentina are some of the countries that have rejected the attack and expressed their solidarity with those affected and their families in Sri Lanka.
For his part, Donald Trump, president of the United States, said: “We are ready to help!” Roberto Ampuero, Chilean Foreign Minister, said in his Twitter account: “I strongly condemn the terrible attacks that this Easter Sunday have taken the life of innocent people in Sri Lanka. My condolences and solidarity with families of the victims.” (I)
Ecuador condena los ataques de esta mañana en Sri Lanka contra iglesias y hoteles. Con profunda tristeza expresamos nuestra solidaridad hacia las familias de quienes han sufrido las consecuencias del odio y la intolerancia.
— Lenín Moreno (@Lenin) 21 de abril de 2019





