Today’s debate counts with the participation of six of the eight presidential candidates and promises a wide range of proposals and objections to the policies of the current regime.
As a preparation, each candidate met yesterday with their own cabinet of economic, tax and communication advisors, in order to perform an exemplary participation in the debate.
- Lucio Gutierrez (PSP) revealed that his focus will be dedicated to issues such as investment, development, economic and social areas, and also reinforce his proposal of eliminating Soat and taxes created by the regime.
- Nelson Zavala (PRE) will focus his presentation on the areas of taxation and investment. He will also keep his proposal to amend the Constitution to recognize only marriages between a man and a woman of birth.
- Guillermo Lasso (CREO) is going to discuss issues like development model, freedoms, investment, legal security, trade agreements, security and poverty reduction.
- Mauricio Rodas (SUMA), on his behald, said he will discuss and develop the topics responsibly and in detail, as they appear.
- Norman Wray (Ruptura 25) will also develop solutions to the issues proposed by the Chamber.
- Alvaro Noboa (PRIAN), keeping his tour schedule on the province of Manabi, said on on behalf of the debate, “I’ve been prepared for many years.”
Presidential candidate, Alberto Acosta (MPD-PK) and the candidate President Rafael Correa (Alianza PAIS) already confirmed their absence from the event.
The debate, held at the Guayaquil Chamber of Commerce, will be broadcast from 19:00 to 22:00, through RTU and Canal UNO. (MZ)