The Minister of Labor, Raúl Ledesma, along with Manolo Rodas, chairman of the board of directors of the Ecuadorian Institute of Social Security (IESS), participated in a control operation of private establishments in the north of Quito.
The authorities visited three businesses located on Los Shyris Avenue, where work inspections were carried out to monitor that employees are affiliated with Social Security and that the corresponding regulations are complied with.
Ricardo Rivadeneira, manager of the restaurant Mongos, said that there are 77 workers in the place, of which 31 are foreigners. The place has been in operation for 10 years and did not present any irregularities.
Ledesma informed that the actions are aimed at guaranteeing labor formalization. So far this year, the Ministry has executed more than 33,000 inspections nationwide. 85% of the cases have not presented anomalies, while in the remaining 15% it is in the process of being formalized.
To report labor abuses, the Work portfolio enabled the toll-free number 1800-266-822 and it is not necessary to have a lawyer for the diligence. Manolo Rodas pointed out that since September 2017, the IESS carried out 20,000 control processes throughout the country. Of the 3.6 million members of the IESS, 60,000 people are foreigners residing in Ecuador and of them around 21,000 are of Venezuelan nationality. (I)
“Contamos con un canal de denuncias en nuestro sitio web https://t.co/BOhYzYykBo y la línea 1800 DELITO. Se pueden realizar denuncias a través de estos canales con absoluta reserva”, @raulclementelh #InspeccionesLaboralesEC— Comunicación Ecuador (@ComunicacionEc) 18 de septiembre de 2018