On a national chain, the President of the Republic, Lenín Moreno , said that it has been decided that from May 4 there will be a transition from isolation to social distancing in Ecuador because there are new indicators that allow it within the health emergency due to the COVID coronavirus. -19.
He said that a virtual meeting will be coordinated with mayors from all over the country, for the resumption after May 4, that is, until that day the current restrictions remain.
He clarified that the emergency is not over and what is sought is a gradual and careful reactivation of productive activities.
At the national level, isolation will be maintained for those over 60 years of age. It was indicated that there is maximum care for the children, so the classes will remain virtual for the Sierra-Amazon regime. And that will begin in a non-face-to-face way on the Costa-Galápagos on June 1.
The closure of borders is maintained, only humanitarian flights will be allowed. In addition, the interprovincial transport ban continues.
Mayors to decide on traffic lights
To define the traffic light step, the contagion curve of each canton, the ability to carry out tests or the collaboration of the population will be taken into account, explained President Moreno.
He insisted that at the moment the isolation of the population is maintained, and there is a total ban on massive events and suspension of classes.
Cities with red lights
- They will keep the same measures with restriction today
- Curfew: from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Vehicle circulation restricted to one day per week
- Online commerce will be expanded, with home delivery
Yellow traffic light
- Public and private companies may work 50% of staff.
- Private cars may circulate two days a week
Green traffic light:
- Public and private companies may work up to 70% of capacity with different hours
- They will physically open some shops