Yesterday three candidates to the National Assembly, Mae Montaño for the Creando Oportunidades movement (CREO – List 21), Gilmar Gutierrez for the Partido Sociedad Patriotica (PSP – List 3) and Sylka Sanchez for the Partido Renovador Institucional Accion Nacional (PRIAN – lista7), discussed three issues of concern in the country: Political Reform, Security and Control.
- Change and reform the issue of immediate re-election for President.
- Avoid indiscriminate use of public resources in a government that has seized media and abuse its control over them.
- The Citizen Participation Council must be reformed in its powers
- Propose an amendment to the Code of Territorial Organization.
- Give local governments, mainly to municipalities, a more active and direct role in the fight against crime.
- Cases of organized crime requires a foreign policy much more severe and more committed to call other countries to work together.
- Recovering the independence of the Assembly, which is currently subordinate and subservient to the government, for example, of 61 approved laws, 59 were made by the Executive power and also out of the 21 control requests, 19 were filed.
- Prioritize the importance of the plenary of Legislative Assembly for all majority and minority candidates to have the opportunity to take a position and defend it.
- Decentralize all the power in the hands of Rafael Correa, starting on giving back the independence and autonomy of the Assembly and then return the independence and autonomy of the other state functions that are totally hijacked by the executive power.
- Generate more employment in order to eradicate crime and insecurity.
- Reinforce Technologically and in troops number the security forces.
- Restore dignity and respect to the armed forces and the police.
- Reforming the Public Service Act and return its incentives and bonuses.
- Reforming the Penal Code and have an independent justice.
- Take a good electoral control.
- Avoid fraud.
- Oversee the secret accounts of Rafael Correa, the secret accounts of Pedro Delgado, contracts to Fabricio Correa, helicopters, radars, airplanes, and diplomatic suitcase.
- Educate the Ecuadorian people misleading and lying about what it is the Constitution, which main objective is to give all the power to one person, only the President has the power in Ecuador.
- Create a community police working with municipalities and identify sources of corruption in the population.
- Find a judicial independence of the Executive power.
- Implementing and improving the Comprehensive Criminal Code.
- Legislative reform to the Organic Code to prevent its usage as a tool to pander.
- They are abusing and using the law to intimidate, to make people afraid, to silence the voices of journalists. It is a shame that in this country these things happen.