On last Monday , Yves Mersch, a member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank (ECB), presented the new £ 10 bill of the Europa series, which will be in circulation since next September 23.
The design of the new bill contains a number of unique features that make it difficult to counterfeit:
- The texture is firm and durable. On the front there is a series of embossed short lines on the left and right edges.
- In the watermark there is a portrait of Europe, Greek mythology character. The image comes from a vase, found in southern Italy and kept in the Louvre, of over 2,000 years old.
- When held up to the light one can see the € symbol on the security thread next to the value in white characters of reduced size.
- In the hologram , ie, the silver band on the right side of the front, a portrait of Europe is displayed and inside a window, in addition to the € symbol.
- In the lower left corner of the bill value there is a metallic luster. The number changes color from emerald green to dark blue.