After three days into the new year, all the national holidays, which go up to 9, are already established and organized.
The Schedule can be viewed at the Ministry of Tourism’s website, the same states the following:
- New Year , Wednesday January 1, holiday with mandatory rest.
- Carnival, Monday 3 and Tuesday 4 on March, will be holiday from previous Saturday 1 and Sunday 2.
According to Executive Order 1162 of May 3, 2012, the two days of Carnival will be recovered without charge on the next two Saturdays.
- Good Friday, April 18, will join to Saturday 19 and Sunday 20.
- Labor Day on Thursday, May 1.
- Battle of Pichincha, on May 24, which will be held on a Saturday.
- The first cry of independence, on August 10, will be held on a Sunday.
- Independence of Guayaquil, on Thursday, October 9, which will be moved to Friday, October 10.
- Day of the Dead and Independence of Cuenca , Sunday 2 and Monday 3 on November.
- Christmas, Thursday, December 25, the holiday may be extended until Sunday 28, according to the Ministry of Tourism itself.