The Bribes case, whose preparatory trial hearing began on the morning of this October 17, 2019, is only one of the processes facing former president Rafael Correa.
According to a report by the State Attorney General’s Office, several legal cases weigh on the ex-plaintiff.
Seven are under investigation and one, the plagiarism of activist Fernando Balda, is awaiting trial, because Correa is not in the country.
These are the causes facing the exmandatario:
1) Peculated for the reconstruction of Manabi.
2) Peculated in the IESS.
3) Peculated for alleged irregularities in presidential flights.
4) Peculated by the renegotiation of public debt. 5) Peculated by the issuance of treasury certificates.
6) Organized crime in the construction of the Pacific Refinery.
7) Angostura case and protected witness statement on an alleged campaign financing.
Within the 30-S case there are more complaints against Correa. There appear the following judicial complaints: Violation of Rights. Use of public money for the Investigative Commission. Violation of Human Rights. Possible interference of the Government in Justice. Procedural Fraud It hurts humanity. Prevaricate and related crimes. Assassination attempt. False imputation. Hate. Impact on the right to think differently.