International Solidarity (SI for its Spanish acronym) is an NGO working for justice, equity and human rights.
The organization seeks to participate in social change that results in a fairer world in which everyone, anywhere in the world, can exercise their rights.
To do this, SI promotes actions that give citizens the opportunity to get involved and join efforts in this work for change: mobilization campaigns, development actions, advocacy work to change laws.
SI has spent 25 years working on these fronts, relying on partnerships with other people, NGOs and networks with shared objectives.
The model of society that SI is based on, are:
– The economic, social and cultural, harmonious, sustainable and balanced development;
– The role of local organizations;
– Eradication of poverty, discrimination and marginalization;
– Solidarity between countries and within each country;
– Fair access to national and international markets;
– Sustainable management of natural resources and improving the environment;
– The achievement of decent living standards for the poorest and full access to global public goods;
– The fair treatment and respect for the identity of gender, race, ethnic or social origin, nationality, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disability or the age and inalienable rights of all human beings.
SI Foundation believes in consolidating and strengthening the processes of human development and sustainable self, always working with local organizations, promoting the participation of local populations and equal opportunities for men and women. (MZ)
International Solidarity Website: http://www.solidaridad.org/