Ecuador dawns on Monday, the 7th, on its fifth day of the state of emergency, with cuts of roads on several roads in the Sierra, with protests by indigenous groups of the Conaie who announced that they are heading for Quito to a general strike on Wednesday, October 9.
Last night, the president of the Republic, Lenín Moreno again reiterated that he seeks dialogue with the indigenous people.
The unemployment of carriers was suspended last Friday, but the service has not been fully regulated, especially since new tariffs were expected at the level of the decentralized autonomous governments, when they have the power over the traffic. Quito and Guayaquil, at the urban transport level, maintain their rates.
- The historic center of Quito remains militarized since last night space was reinforced with armored personnel carriers.
- 477 detained nationwide for various crimes: vandalism, looting, speculation, among others.
- There are no classes in schools and colleges in the Interandina region.
- Yes there are classes in the Coastal, Insular and Amazonian regions.
- Reports of speculation in markets can be reported to 1800LOJUSTO.
- After the elimination of the subsidy, the price of extra gasoline and diesel at gas stations is fixed. Gallon of extra gasoline: $ 2.39. Diesel per gallon $ 2.30.
Transportation in Guayaquil
- The Municipal Urban Mass Transportation Foundation of Guayaquil-Metrovía, reported that it operates normally, from 05:00 to 23:00.
- It maintains the current rate of 0.30 cents, and 0.15 ctvs for students and senior citizens.
Transportation in Quito
- The Mobility Company of the capital Municipality informed that today the restriction ‘Today does not circulate’ does not govern.
- The public bicycle service is suspended.
- Municipal transport operates normally, through its routes with Ecovía and Trolleybus.
- The passage in urban transport remains at 0.25 cents.