Lucio Gutiérrez: “We said that 30S was a sham”
– Former Comptroller Carlos Pólit, a fugitive in the United States, said that the police rebellion of September 30, 2010 (30S) was not an attempted coup as stated by the government of former President Rafael Correa, who incidentally, accused him of being behind the supposed blow. Now, what will you do?
– It must be remembered that Rafael Correa accused me of being the material and intellectual author of the alleged attempted coup of the 30S, now it turns out that everything was a farce as we denounced … It was a script that was used (Hugo) Chávez in 2002 when he simulated a coup attempt in Venezuela. That same script was used by Evo Morales when it was invented that there was an alleged assassination attempt in La Paz, that from a hotel they wanted to assassinate him … Once we have recovered our condition of political participation in a legal and legitimate way, we are going to deepen our fight.
– So it will be a political struggle and not from justice …
– We are going to continue with that opposition struggle to the correísmo and the remnants of the correísmo that still exist in Ecuador. We will continue to denounce and demand from the Council of Transitory Participation the immediate change of all the control authorities correístas that were put to finger. In the case of the 30S we have demanded that the Transitional Participation Council look for mechanisms so that the unjustly imprisoned military, police and civilians go free, not with pardon, not even with amnesty.
– I insist. Will you take this claim to justice against former president Rafael Correa?
– I will analyze the possibility of taking a formal complaint, because obviously it affected my dignity, my honor and that also affected the Patriotic Society Party politically and very seriously. But regardless of whether or not he imputed to Rafael Correa, the people began to punish him. It is really regrettable that a former president who was said to be the most beloved, but now we see that he can not walk in the country alone but with 30 or 40 guards.
– Almost immediately after the events of the 30S voices began to emerge that spoke of a farce, why didnt the political forces do anything?
– At least we, the Patriotic Society, which until 2012 were the only opposition political party evident to Correa, did not give rise to all these complaints, because Correa was the absolute owner of justice and of all the control organisms in Ecuador. They had an armor that was impossible to penetrate because of the obviousness of the allegations of corruption. We said that the 30S was a farce, but they were armored. (I)