Due to the Sectional Elections’ campaign, the legislative recess of almost whole February and among other reasons, the plenary of the National Assembly of Ecuador will face a tight work schedule in the first half of the year, where instability is expected.
The political movement Alianza PAIS (AP), ruling movement and majority in the Assembly, is also aware of the coming instability. “It is possible to get some influences due to the campaign and the recess , but we will have a clear legislative agenda, we will act with transparency,” said the official coordinator Fausto Cayambe.
Some pending legislation :
- Organic Code of Public Safety Institutions. It is expected that the board of Justice will issue the report for the second debate. A missing part of the Fourth Book is still yet to be analyzed.
- National Equality Councils. The report for the second debate is still pending.
- Land Law. The report for the first debate has not yet been drafted.
- Water Law. Currently on pre-legislative consultation and socialization stage, prior to the writing of the bureau’s report for the second debate at the plenary.
- Social Security Code. The Executive is expected to submit the project.
- Health Code. The Health Bureau handles the project for the first debate.
- Labor Code. It is been written by the Ministry of Labour Relations.
- Telecommunications Law. The report for the first debate has not yet been drafted.
- Reform on the Law of Legislative Function. Alianza PAIS drafted the bill.
- Monetary and Financial Code. It will be sent by the Executive as an urgent matter.