The Ministry of Public Health (MSP) reported that the new regulations are in force for passengers entering mainland Ecuador through air borders. These actions are taken against the new variant of covid-19 called Ómicron.
In this sense, these are the requirements to enter the country:
- Any person entering mainland Ecuador by international air must necessarily submit the Traveler’s Health Declaration digitally when boarding the airline, it is available at the following link: https://bit.ly/FormularioSaludDelViajero/, if the online platform is not available, you can present the physical form. It is worth mentioning that travelers who fill out the digital form no longer need to present the form at the point of entry to the Ministry of Health.
- Every passenger who enters the country, over 16 years of age, must present a mandatory vaccination card against COVID-19 with at least 14 days of validity after completing the scheme and the negative result of the qualitative RT-PCR test in time real made up to 72 hours prior to boarding to Ecuador. Crewmembers are exempt from these requirements. For children between 2 and 16 years old, they must present the negative result of the qualitative RTPCR test in real time carried out up to 72 hours prior to boarding to Ecuador.
- Entry into the national territory is prohibited to any person whose point of origin, stopover or transit is South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Eswatini, Mozambique, Egypt. Citizens and legal permanent residents in Ecuador who were in one of the countries described in the previous lines, in the last 14 days, yes, they will be able to enter the country, for this purpose they must have a negative result of a qualitative RT-PCR test in real time made up to 72 hours prior to boarding to Ecuador; Upon entering the country, you must comply with a 14-day quarantine regardless of your vaccination status.
- Ecuadorian passengers who were declared UNADMITTED in other countries and who return to Ecuador, should not present a qualitative RTPCR test, however, the Ministry of Public Health will carry out a rapid antigen test upon arrival in the country.
- Any passenger who during the flight or upon arrival in Ecuador presents symptoms related to COVID-19, (thermal rise, cough, general malaise, loss of smell, loss of taste, among others.) Regardless of the result of the qualitative test RT -PCR, will be evaluated by the personnel of the Ministry of Public Health, prior to entering the migration area.
- If it is determined that it is a “suspected case”, a rapid antigen test (nasopharyngeal swab) will be carried out, if positive, the affected must perform fourteen (14) days of isolation after the date of sample collection in your domicile or in any place of lodging to free election and cost of the traveler. For the follow-up, you must inform about the contacts, this information must be included in the Traveler’s Health Declaration. In the event that the rapid antigen test is negative, the passenger should not perform isolation, but will report symptoms suggestive of COVID-19.