British Columbia Coroners Service confirmed this morning that actor and Singer Cory Monteith died of an accidental drug and alcohol overdose, according to the autopsy results.
At age 31, Glee Star was found dead at his hotel room this past Saturday, caused “of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” release the statement to the press, citing an autopsy and toxicological testing.
“There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” the report continues. “Mr. Monteith’s family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death. On behalf of family members, the BC Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time.”
BC Coroners Service offers “its sincere condolences to Mr. Monteith’s family and friends,” and noting that the investigation is “continuing.”