After almost two hours of the intense rain recorded on Wednesday night in Guayaquil, the organizers of the concert of Luis Miguel, reported that the event was suspended.
After the singer Maga was presented as the opening act of the show began the heavy downpour. Hundreds of fans waited anxiously in the grandstands of the stadium Model Alberto Spencer, despite the severe weather, to finally see his idol sing. According to one of the reporters of this media, while it was raining, members of the staff came to cover the sound equipment in order to protect them.
When the rain stopped the fans waited for someone to come on stage and give some news, however, representatives of the company SoHigh Events only informed by speakers that the concert was suspended because the sound equipment had been affected and that it would communicate through the media, its future reprogramming.
Atención. Gobernador del Guayas RAUL LEDESMA ha pedido al Fiscal provincial que IMPIDA SALIDA DEL PAÍS de Luis Miguel. Detalles en Telemundo— Tania Tinoco (@tinocotania) 14 de marzo de 2019
María Fernanda Santos, one of the assistants said that she preferred that they had warned him before, or while it was raining that the show would be canceled and not having to wait so long under those circumstances.
Estamos con los organizadores del concierto de #LuisMiguel, precautelando los derechos de los ciudadanos asistentes, verificando que no sean perjudicados de ninguna manera. Les estaremos informando en las siguientes horas las acciones que garanticen los derechos del consumidor. https://t.co/or6cHrcvnA— Raúl Ledesma Huerta (@raulclementelh) 14 de marzo de 2019
There was much disagreement from the public about the cancellation of this Wednesday’s concert. Many came from other provinces of the country to see the “Sol de Mexico” since he did not appear in Ecuador, for 6 years.
Journalist Tania Tinoco posted on her Twitter account that the Governor of Guayas, Raúl Ledesma, asked the provincial prosecutor to prevent Luis Miguel from leaving the country.
The governor, Raúl Ledesma, replied in his account that they will safeguard the rights of the attending citizens and verify that they are not harmed in any way.
Juan Carlos Carmigniani, owner of So High Events, affirmed that the singer was waiting for about an hour and a half to go out and sing, but that the damage in the equipment’s prevented him from doing it, and he also indicated that he had already left the country. The technicians said that replacing them would take around eight hours and that a tentative date would be to reschedule the concert for Thursday, however, heavy rains have also been predicted, so it has not yet been defined when the artist would be presented. (I)
"Luis Miguel estuvo cerca de una hora esperando salir a cantar", afirmó Juan Carlos Carmigniani, dueño de So High Events tras las postergación del concierto por problemas técnicos producto de la lluvia. pic.twitter.com/VhFvq1CGzS— Última Hora Ecuador (@ultimahoraecua) 14 de marzo de 2019