The National Assembly plenary ended yesterday the appointment of the seven members for the Legislative Administration Council (CAL), of which only one is not affiliated with the ruling party, Alianza PAIS (AP).
The last two positions in the CAL were in the hands of AP. Vice President Rosana Alvarado (AP) proposed the name of German Ledesma (Avanza), allied to the regime, who was chosen as the sixth member of the CAL with 86 votes.
Then, Alvarado motioned Ricardo Moncayo (CREO) as candidate for the remaining position, who with 70 votes, was accepted as the seventh member.
It should be noted that none of the legislators from the Partido Social Cristiano (PSC), Pachakutik (PK) or Sociedad Patriotica (PSP) supported Moncayo and abstained to vote. “He had the support of the Government and did not need the support of our party,” said PSC Assemblywoman, Cynthia Viteri.
So the CAL for this 2013-2017 legislative period is defined:
- Gabriela Rivadeneira (AP) as president
- Rosana Alvarado (AP) as 1st Vice President
- Marcela Aguinaga (AP) as 2nd Vice President
- Virgilio Hernandez (AP) as first member
- Rocio Valarezo (AP) as second member
- German Ledesma (Avanza) as third member
- Jose Ricardo Moncayo (CREO) as fourth member