A few days before the opening day of the Sanchez Aguilar Theatre, people in Guayaquil prepared to learn about the inaugural billboard shows and ticket prices. Guayaquil Symphony Orchestra alongside artists such as Pamela Cortez, Astrid Achi, Dario Garcia, Israel Maldonado, Trio Guayaquil, Paco Godoy, and Lucho Silva, will open the event with music and art.
Sanchez Aguilar Theater was born by the initiative of Carlos Sanchez Aguilar, president of the eponymous foundation, founded in 1989. His proposal, in addition to promoting culture and art in Guayaquil, is to induce youth and adults from low income to meet, learn and enjoy new artistic experiences, such as dance, theater, music and more.
Culture for All:
This project aims to the social and cultural inclusion, which is why the Theater also provides free performances for students of public schools.
In addition, this place has a vision to become not only a theater for mass entertainment, as well as a meeting place available to the public from Monday through Saturday, all day. Means that besides to art shows, Sanchez Aguilar Theater, will have a lobby where a cafeteria and Wine Bar will be placed, to held exhibitions of visual art, fashion designs, books, etc. Every month the Theatre will publish its Billboard shows through the web teatrosanchezaguilar.org.
Details Sanchez Aguilar Theater:
- The building has a neoclassic frontage, built in 1200 meters of space. It has 450 parking spaces.
- The theater is equipped with sound like luminary from the United States.
- The main hall has 950 seats and two side boxes for the press. The experimental hall has a space calculated for 150 people, with a removable room.
- Counts with 2 backstage dressing rooms and 5 private backstage.
- The Theatre also has a physical space in their exteriors, designed to perform shows all outdoors.