Yesterday afternoon, the head of the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (Senescyt for its Spanish acronym), Rene Ramirez, announced that in the next four years $ 475 million will be destined to seven public universities in category “A”.
The program, which begins this year, aims to implement a scheme to improve Public Universities both in infrastructure and in the teaching staff, in order to obtain international accreditation in the future.
One of the reasons why this project is been carried out is because of the lack of professionals with fourth-level degrees.
The Universities whic entered the program are:
- Central University of Ecuador (UCE)
- Army Polytechnic School (ESPE)
- National Polytechnic School (EPN)
- Polytechnic School of Chimborazo (ESPOCH)
- Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (ESPOL)
- Basin State University (CEU)
- Technical University of Ambato (UTA)