The CTE is Preparing to Implement Prison for Speeding
As detailed in the General for Enlargement of the Organic Law of Land Transport, Traffic and Road Safety, in effect since June 25, drivers who do not respect the speed range permitted in the urban perimeter and the perimeter road will be fined economically, and their licenses will suffer loss of points or they could go to jail.
Here are some details
• The Act specifies that the speed limit for light vehicles and motorcycles in the city limits of the city is 50 km / h.
• If a person drives in the moderate range, but commits a misdemeanor stated on the article 145 of the Traffic Act, shall be deducted 6 points on your license and pay $ 87.63 (30% of basic salary).
• If the driver exceeds the moderate range (70 km / h), must pay $ 292.10 (full base salary) minus ten points on your license. This will be applied also to anyone that exceeds the limit allowed in perimeter road (90 km / h).
• Roads, in straight, the upper limit are 100 km / h and the moderate range is up to 135 km / h. Cornering is 60 km / h, with a moderate range of up to 75 km / h.
• The pedestrian can also be stopped when they are the alleged perpetrator of an accident resulting in deaths or injuries with physical disability of more than 30 days, provided that there is sufficient evidence.
• Drivers who register 0.3 to 0.8 ° of alcohol per liter of blood will receive five days in jail, $ 292 fine and 10 points under the license. If you exceed the 0.8 °, is 15 days in jail. Are you a driver of a public transport, with 0.1 ° loses its license.
The commander of the Guard Corps of the CTE, Colonel Luis Lalama explains that according to art. N° 232 of the Regulation, “the apprehension of the offending driver will only take place when the photograph was obtained of the offense.”