Last Thursday was the deadline for filing the affidavit, which must include the name of the natural or legal person of the concessionaire, who uses the concession and/ or operates the authorized station for the past two years at least.
This requirement is provided by Article III of the Communications Law, in force since June 25.
Last week, Jaime Guerrero, Minister of Telecommunications and Information Society, said that after meeting with the President of the Ecuadorian Association of Broadcasters (AER), Roberto Manciati, the president of AER of Pichincha, Bolivar Alarcon, the National Secretary of Telecommunications, Byron Vasconez, among others, he informed them of the obligation to comply with the statute.
“It is essential to facilitate the process to the operators of radio and free-to-air television frequencies so they can comply with this requirement within a policy of transparency,” said Guerrero last Thursday.
This Friday they will announce the names of the dealers that breached the provision of the Communications Act.