The number of young women who are heads of companies increase
Posted On 08 Mar 2014
Young women are gaining ground at holding middle-high and high positions within the national and foreign companies, unveiled a survey conducted by the consulting firm Deloitte & Touche.
Only 41% of women aged 30 to 35 reached such important executive positions a year ago, but that percentage increased to 55%, according to the local consultants.
The reason: women are postponing motherhood until 35-40 years, said Paulina Batallas, one of Deloitte executives.
The payroll of companies, however, is still dominated by men, with a 60%, and women make up the remaining 40%, despite the 50.5% of the population is female in the country, according to the INEC.