So far, the binomials registered to participate in the elections of February 17, 2013 are currently waiting to be fully qualified by the National Electoral Council (CNE for its Spanish acronym) as stated in the Code of Democracy.
The candidacies must go through two filters: analysis of the objections, and compliance with the requirements that are not within the disabilities.
The first political group that will go through these filters is the Partido Sociedad Patriotica (PSP), represented by presidential candidate Lucio Gutierrez and his binomial, Perla Boyes.
Pablo Pozo, councelor of the CNE, said that only after passing the requirements, political groups would be entitled to take part in the elections.
The presidential binomials with pending qualification by CNE, are:
- Alvaro Noboa – Anabella Azin (PRIAN)
- Rafael Correa – Jorge Glass (Alianza PAIS)
- Alberto Acosta – Marcia Caicedo (UPI)
- Norman Wray – Angela Mendoza (Ruptura 25)
- Guillermo Lasso – Juan Carlos Solines (CREO)
- Lucio Gutierrez – Perla Boyes (PSP)
- Abdala Bucaram Ortiz – Dennys Cevallos (PRE)
- Mauricio Rodas – Ines Manzano (SUMA)