The church of All Saints located in the city of Cuenca has a new facade after a long restoration process that took five years of work. This work was carried out by the Municipality of the city of Cuenca.
This temple was built by the Oblatas Mothers in the early twentieth century, where a hermitage was constructed which served to office the first mass after the founding of the city in 1557. It has a facade of three bodies; in the center is located the main entrance with side niches and alcoves. The remains of the first members of the Oblatas Mothers are buried in this place, whose congregation owns the church. In 2006, a fire consumed 10% of the structure of this church.
The restoration began in April 2008 and will be finished this month. The work had cost two million five hundred thousand dollars.
The reconstruction involved the recovery of the cemetery area and restoration of the graves, also the refurbishment of the terrace, on the side, which serves as a viewpoint of the city.
It was named ‘All Saints’, since in the chapel not only the patron of the city, Santa Ana, was venerated but the saints of the Catholic Church.”