The agenda of the National Electoral Council (CNE) carries out with the registry of eight new political movements, seven cantonal and one parish, which hope to participate in the sectional elections of February 23, 2014, since last July 23 was the deadline for political organizations to submit signatures registries and obtain legal status.
On August 23, the CNE will release which are the groups that passed the process and the total number of political organizations qualified for sectionals in 2014.
Political movements that have obtained approval are currently working on their directives, building headquarters, search for candidates and partnerships with provincial and national groups.
Electoral timetable before the local elections of 2014:
- August 28 – Ending of campaign for change of address.
- October 1 – Appointment of the members of the provincial electoral boards.
- October 17 – The National Electoral Council will make the call for the elections.
- October 18 – The registration of candidates begin. The deadline is November 15 at 18:00.
- November 18 – Selection and establishment of polling stations.