Taxpayers who availed themselves of the payment facilities provided for in the Productive Development Law or the exceptional payment plan established in the Tax Simplification and Progressivity Law and who have not complied with these obligations, could avail themselves of new cancellation facilities.
In the draft Humanitarian Support Law, the Executive proposes that both cases should not be considered as noncompliance and that the Internal Revenue Service (SRI) activate measures to help these people.
Marisol Andrade, director of the SRI, said in her appearance before the Economic Development Commission of the National Assembly that for the first case it is proposed to allow them to pay off the total value of the capital owed until September 2020.
Andrade recalled that 3,650 micro and small business taxpayers received this benefit.
In January, a balance of $ 20,898 was outstanding corresponding to these payments; in February, $ 356,000 and in March, $ 1,241,000.
In the second case, for those who did not comply with some quotas of the exceptional payment plan of up to 12 months established in the Tax Simplification and Progressivity Law, it is proposed that the SRI give a term of no more than 12 months.
As of January 1, taxpayers who had pending amounts of withheld taxes or taxes collected had 45 working days to request this payment facility.
5,956 people requested access to the benefit. The balance that was managed was just over $ 90 million, Andrade assured.
If the Humanitarian Support Law is not approved , 28% of these taxpayers (1,594 people) will lose the exceptional plan for lack of payment and must cancel the total value of their obligation.
In addition to these proposals, the Government has already taken measures to help taxpayers financially affected by the health emergency.
Andrade assured that 75% of the total taxpayers (more than 1.5 million people) can avail themselves of the provisions of Executive Decree 1021.
This provides for the 6-month deferral of the payment of the Income Tax of the companies, which was due in April, and the VAT of April, May and June.
Andrade announced that a new decree will be issued that will include small and medium tributaries in these deferrals. Those who benefit from the Simplified Tax Regime (Rise) would be included.
This would cover 99% of taxpayers. The remaining 1% are large tributaries, but do not include exporters, nor tourism, nor the Galapagos nor the agricultural sector. (I)
Bill would not affect workers ‘rights
Luis Poveda, Minister of Labor, assured on Tuesday that the draft Humanitarian Support Law is not against workers’ rights. In his appearance before the Economic Development Commission, he said that the collaborators will enjoy their right to vacations, for example, only that their execution has been adapted to the current reality.
He explained that the Armed Forces and National Police were excluded from the humanitarian contribution because they are on the front line to fight the virus along with health.
4,526 complaints of unfair dismissal have been received. He said this is illegal. He said that the Ministry is mediating for them to reach agreements.
It will ensure that the reduction of wages in the public sector can be applied only for new contracts.