At 8:25 former director of the Police Hospital, César Carrión arrived the Fifth Criminal Court of Pichincha, charged as an accomplice of attempted murder against President Rafael Correa in the events of September 30 (30-S) last year.
Carrion, who entered the court guarded by agents of the GOE and prison guards, said he was expecting “justice to shine,” while Janeth Orbe, officer Carrión´s wife, stopped his hunger strike after 11 days outside the Prosecutor and arrived in a wheelchair before Carrion’s lawyer, Stalin Lopez, began his defense. After it she was transferred to a Hospital.
Lopez denied his client had closed the door, which connects the regiment with the Police Hospital, to the president to receive medical attention and confirmed that his statements to an international TV channel were authorized by Commander Franco.
In the second phase, Francisco La Torre, presidential adviser, said that in 30-S there were attempts to take the president’s gas mask out and spray gas into him, however he said he cannot recognize who they were. He did not clarify who closed the door of the hospital or if it was locked, because his concern was the president. He clarified that at no time he heard someone trying to give cyanide to Correa, no one pulled a gun and took away their cell phones.