Posted On 27 Jun 2017
The Chamber of Agriculture of the Second Zone will be led by Kléber Sigüenza, 50, from Azogues, who has dedicated 25 year of his life to agriculture.
– Did you ever feel the need to represent the sector through a guild like this?
“Of course I’ve felt that need many times. When I tour agricultural areas seeking consensus for specific issues I have always come across with some authorities that have asked me “well, who do you represent?” I believe that a position like this, of formal representation, will be valuable to be able to drive changes.
– And where will your management aim at?
– There is a transversal axis we want to strengthen to raise the public profile of this guild, to ensure that the authorities give the importance this sector requires. Now that there is a special political conjuncture with a public-private dialogue proposed by the current Government, we want to take advantage of it.
– Are you willing to reach agreements?
– Totally. We will not impose anything. What we want is to show figures, arguments, discuss and reach consensus for the good of the sector and the country. All this because it must be a priority sector for the economic and social future of the country. (I)