Premios Goya: “Blancanieves” arrasa con 10 premios
The Goya prize for best film went on “Blancanieves” film, a silent film in black and white, directed by Pablo Berger, who completed a total of ten awards imposed on “Lo Imposible”, “Grupo 7” and “El Artista y la Modelo”.
However, the statuette for Best Director went on Juan Antonio Bayona, who with his film “Lo Imposible” picked up five awards.
Meanwhile, José María Forqué was also winning the Special Jury Prize and the Silver Shell for Best Actress. Snow White is a version of the famous flamenco and bullfighting tale by the Brothers Grimm.
The gala was overshadowed when actors Adriana Ugarte and Carlos Santoshan got the winner for Best Original Song for the film nens salvatges Catalan Els, the issue being that Snow White was the winner.
The gala was marked by the critical tone and protest against government cuts to the detriment of culture.
- Best Film: Snow White, Angel Durández, Jérôme Vidal and Ibon Cormenzana, (Nix Films, IEA, Sisyphus Films, IEA, Noodles Production, SARL, The Kraken Films, AIE and Arcadia Motion Pictures).
- Best Director: Juan Antonio Bayona, so impossible.
- Best New Director: Enrique Gato by Tadeo Jones Adventures.
- Best Original Screenplay: Paul Berger, of White.
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Gorka Magallon, Ignacio del Moral, Javier Barreira, Jordi Gasull and Neil Landau, by Tadeo Jones Adventures.
- Best Original Score: Alfonso de Vilallonga, by White.
- Best Original Song: “I can not find”, by Juan Gómez Snow White “Chicuelo” and Paul Berger.
- Best Actor Bio: Jose Sacristan, for the dead and be happy.
- Best Actress Starring: Maribel Verdú, of Snow White.
- Best Actor in Cast: Julian Villagran, for Group 7.
- Best Female Cast: Candela Peña, a pistol in each hand.
- Best Actor: Joaquin Nunez, for Group 7.
- Best Newcomer: Macarena García, by White.
- Best Production: Sandra Hermida Muñiz, so impossible.
- Best Cinematography: Kiko de la Rica, White.
- Best Editing: Bernat Vilaplana and Elena Ruiz, for the impossible.
- Best Art Direction: Alain Bainée, by White.
- Best Costume Design: Paco Delgado, by White.
- Best Makeup and / or Hair: Sylvie Imbert and Fermín Galán, by White.
- Best Sound: Peter Glossop, Marc Orts and Oriol Tarragó, so impossible.
- Best Special Effects: Pau Costa and Felix Berges, so impossible.
- Best Animated Film: The Adventures of Tadeo Jones, Ghislain Barrois, Edmon Roch Nicolas Gasull Matji and Jordi (Telecinco Cinema, SAU, Telefónica SLU Productions, Ikiru Films, SL, Lightbox and El Toro Pictures Entertainment).
- Best Documentary: Children of the clouds, the last colony, Javier Bardem, Alvaro Longoria and Lilly Hartley (The Monk The Movie IEA and Morena Films.
- Best Iberoamerican Film: Juan of the Dead, Alexander Brugués (Cuba, Spain).
- Best European Film: Untouchable by Eric Toledano and Olivier Nakache (France).
- Best Documentary Short: A story for the Modlins (A story for Modlin), Sergio Oksman.
- Best Short Fiction: That was not me, of Esteban Garcia Crespo.
- Best Animated Short: The seller of smoke, Maestro Jaime.