The European Union (EU) is the target of the private textile industry for the export of masks . The initiative was announced this Tuesday, September 8, by executives of the Ingesa company , together with the Minister of Production, Iván Ontaneda .
Francisco Misle, executive president of the company, reported that Ingesa began to export to the United States and Panama and is closing a contract with Peru and the EU, through major chains; “We expect that until December we will export around 3 million masks to the European Union for a value of $ 450,000 .”
Meanwhile, a first shipment of two shipments of two tests for $ 30,000 each has already been sent to the United States and the packaging is being developed until its approval.
In this way, employment is also reactivated , since at the moment it has 650 people, without counting other sectors such as distributors, merchants and personnel from other companies that provide packages and other products.
Regarding the production of masks, he indicated that Ingesa has the capacity to produce around 4 million masks per month .
As for Panama , 70,000 masks have also been sold and a new order is being prepared for the United States with around 150,000.
The masks are made with washable and reusable fabric , thinking of meeting market demand and in order to help prevent the spread of covid-19 .
These implements have already passed through the analysis of one of the main laboratories accredited by the EU, with optimal results in terms of quality and health standards . They have a bacterial filtration greater than 90% and breathability ranges of 37.8 Pa / cm2, parameters that comply with the current European standard.
Javier Díaz, executive president of the Ecuadorian Textile Industries Association (AITE) , said that the textile sector generates around 70,000 jobs; “We are a sector that contributes 1% of the national GDP and 7% of the industrial GDP.”
However, he admitted that the pandemic also affected the textile sector , since before it was invoiced around $ 1,500 million a year , “now according to the figures we have we have fallen by almost half.”
However, he added, ways are being sought to contribute to the country from the industries, especially when the sector reinvented itself with protective clothing, which has been essential.
Regarding this initiative, Minister Iván Ontaneda stressed that this is an example for entrepreneurs who are starting now and who have the support with state loans, with a Productive Development Law so that new investments continue to believe in Ecuador, with an adequate legal framework .
In general figures, he said that since the pandemic began in March there has been a paralysis of about 75% of the productive sector, while the remaining 25% operated at half key and with difficulties.
“Achieving reactivation has been a challenge thanks to the joint work between the public and private sectors, with biosafety protocols, to begin the reopening in an orderly manner,” he explained.
According to Ontaneda, currently more than 65% of the productive sector is operational and the remaining 35% is in the process of reincorporation, that is, the industrial, artisanal and agro-export dynamics are growing little by little.