Sectional elections called for February 23, 2014 by the National Electoral Council (CNE) must be purged of the voter registration at 100% for the next October 17.
Paul Salazar, vice president of the CNE, announced last week that it is cleaning what will be the next electoral roll and detailed address changes analyses nationwide, which consisted on more than 520 000.
Salazar said the first step is to investigate the jurisdictions that exceeded 10% of those changes. “When a citizen does not reside in the jurisdiction where you made the change, it is a fraudulent change, it is important to identify these cases, because there are places that are defined dignities with 10 votes and that is where we must identify if people changed their direction to influence the final result.”
Moreover, the Minister Roxana Silva said that when the purge and update process is completed, which should not exceed October 9, according to the schedule, this is followed by a period of fifteen days of administrative claims. “We must not forget that the electoral register will have a standard liability (who have not voted in recent years) and an active pattern (optional and compulsory voting) and for this we have a crossing agreement with databases of the Civil Register,” she added.
These changes seek greater control over those who do not vote or are dead. The CNE provides that all electoral registry changes are made to October 16.