Mejia will be competing against 51 other beauties from across the United States. During the preliminary event set to take place on Wednesday, June 1, the ladies will model in swimwear and evening gowns.
From this event, the Top 15 will be determined and be revealed during the live telecast set to take place on Sunday, June 5. FOX will be airing the show starting at 7 p.m. ET.
Get to know Nadia Mejia more with these facts:
1. Nadia is a full time model.
2. She was born and raised in California, and she is currently living in Huntington Beach.
3. She has traveled the world for her modeling career and has worked for brands such as Nordstrom, Ulta, Reef, PacSun, JC Penny, Asos and many more.
4. She is a worship leader at the Angelus Temple Dream Center in Los Angeles and sings for more than 3,000 people at four services a week.
5. Nadia is a spokesperson for the National Eating Disorder Association, spreading the message to “Love the skin you’re in” nationwide.
6. Nadia is open about sharing her experience of suffering from anorexia.
7. Her main goal is to one day open up a Latin American-Mediterranean Fusion restaurant which will enable her to embrace her ethnicity of being Ecuadorean and Lebanese.
8. Nadia’s mother was a former Miss USA contestant in 1989 who represented the state of West Virginia.
9. Her father was a one-hit wonder in the ’90s, who was known as “Rico Suave.”
Miss USA 2016 will air on Sunday, June 5, on the FOX network. The Miss USA 2016 telecast will be hosted by Julianne Hough and Terrence Jenkins. Both will be joined by Ashley Graham from backstage for the inside scoop and all the drama from behind the scenes.
Musical performances will be made possible by Chris Young and Backstreet Boys. Judges for the telecast are Ali Landry, Crystle Stewart, Joe Zee and Laura Brown.