The proposal from 50 social organizations seeks donations of clothes, toys, toiletries and more.
Cajita de Zapatos (shoe box) is the name of the campaign that seeks to help 10,000 people nationwide. The Citizen Coalition of Social Organizations of Ecuador (Ccose), with more than 50 foundations, associations and groups in the country launched the initiative.
César Mantilla, spokesperson for Ccose, says that these are details that bring joy to children and other vulnerable populations this Christmas.
To be part of the initiative, citizens can make donations of toys, clothes for girls, boys and adults and also articles for personal hygiene, food, non-perishable food or sweets.
It should be noted that, in the case of clothing or toys, they can be new or used but it is important that they are in good condition. Those who join the initiative will be able to organize the donated items in a shoe box.
- Quito: Galo Plaza Lasso and De Los Pinos avenues, Plaza Diez building, office 202
- Guayaquil: General Calicuchima and Carchi 2115A, in front of the Municipal School of Hearing and Language
- Orellana: 12 de Febrero street and Guayaquil Avenue, Bryan Andrade lawyer office
- Imbabura: Otavalo, Imbaya citadel, Miguel de Jijón y León Street, number 2-32. To withdraw donations, contact 0979787832
- Manabí: Manta, office of the Directorate of Youth, Jóvenes del Cambio, Avenida De la Cultura.
The donations will be received from Friday December 3, 2021. (AVV)
FACT. The idea of the Cajita de Zapatos replicates a European model called Samaritans’ Purse: a project that began in Wales, with the sending of humanitarian aid and volunteering with children from orphanages in Romania.