Drones, vitamins, and 32-inch TVs can enter the country through airports without paying taxes
Posted On 25 May 2017
The entry of new articles is considered since May 9 as personal effects. This is contained in the Resolution on General Procedures for the Entry and Departure of Baggage, Passengers, and Crew.
Customs made the announcement on May 24. “Personal effects are those goods that the passenger or the family group carry with them, provided that their amount or value are not considered commercial and are easily transported,” the Senae said in a statement.
Citizens can enter with these products into the country without paying taxes, as long as they do not exceed the limits established by Customs.
List of the new products:
– A TV up to 32 “, new or used.
– A drone valued up to USD 500, new or used.
– Implements for the elderly or persons with disabilities, for passengers or their relatives (until the fourth degree of kinship), in exclusive amounts of personal use.
– 4kg of food supplements.
– Three different sports articles and/or their accessories.
– Two musical instruments accessories.
– Two video game consoles accessories.
– A desktop printer up to USD 300, new or used.
– Digital multimedia player for domestic use, a new one, and a used one.