Egypt Court to Deliver Mubarak’s verdict on June 2
The judge leading the trial of Egypt’s former dictator Hosni Mubarak informed that he would deliver his verdict on June 2. On the final day of the six months of hearings, Mubarak declined any chance to address the court.
After the latest statements all the defendants denied the charges, when Mubarak had the chance to speak, he had no comment. According to Associated Press news agency the former Egyptian president said, “What the lawyer said is enough.”
The former dictator has been confined in a military hospital since the trial began last year. Prosecutors informed the court that the medical wing of Cairo’s Tora prison is prepared to receive Mubarak. If the sentenced is passed both, Mubarak and his former Interior Minister, Habib al-Adly, could face a death penalty. (AV)