On Saturday morning at the Mariscal Sucre International Airport in Tababela, the first drill within the National Response Plan for Ebola was performed.
The trial was conducted from 09:00 until 12:30, all the rules and protocols were implemented to deal with possible cases of the virus.
The exercise aimed to “assess the proper functioning of the treatment protocols against the income of any suspected case of Ebola in the country,” said Marisol Ruilova, Deputy Minister of Comprehensive Care of the Ministry of Health (MPH).
The operation began with the simulation of a 25 year old man who had entered the country from of Amsterdam, Holland, saying he had been in Liberia (West Africa) 10 days ago. The traveler began to have symptoms such as headache, vomiting, abdominal pains, so personnel Migration activated the emergency protocol.
Ruilova said that the Hospital of Infectious Diseases Jose Rodriguez Maridueña was chosen as the benchmark for possible cases in Guayaquil. He added that the authorities continue to make these types of drills to improve reaction and response times.