Israeli Shy Dahan was assassinated in Prison while implicated in the sales of medical supplies to Jacobo Bucaram
The early morning of this Saturday, August 8, a few hours after the Judicial Police carried out the exploitation of the information contained in the phones seized from the Israelis Sheinman Orem and Shy Dahan , detained last June in Santa Elena, in cell 20 of the pavilion of the Consular Corps of the Litoral Penitentiary, Shy Dahan was found dead .
A preliminary report indicates that Shy Dahan’s body was found with “multiple trauma to the level of the skull.” Meanwhile, her partner Sheinman Orem has superficial cuts on her abdomen and left arm. He is stable in the prison dispensary, under police custody. At this time, criminology personnel are on site to gather more details about the criminal attack.
This morning, after the event, Héctor Gabriel Vanegas, Sheinman Orem’s lawyer , was shocked; and reported that just yesterday, in the Guayas Judicial Police, they had exploited all the information contained in the telephones that were seized from the foreigners at the time of their capture, which occurred in the Salinas canton, where they were found in possession of more than 100,000 dollars, whose origin they could not justify.
After that discovery, during the flagrante delicto, the authorities raided an apartment that they both rented in the same peninsular resort, where they were apprehended. There they found 200 thousand dollars more, in a safe. They also had high-end cars in their possession, reported the Prosecutor’s Office. At the same time, the National Police reported that Shy Dahan had a red broadcast from Interpol, for fraud and escape from a jail in Panama.
“In the expert report on cell phones, all the information was found, as they had given it in their version to the Prosecutor’s Office, days ago,” El Telégrafo Vanegas told Diario El Telégrafo Vanegas this morning, notoriously shocked by the criminal act.
He, in his defense judicial action, since the process against the Israelites began, had requested that the expert opinion of the content of the cell phones of his client , Sheinman Orem, be included to certify the origin of the $ 321,000 found; however, the prosecutor Cecilia Peña had not included it. “I don’t know,” said the lawyer, when asked why the exclusion made by the prosecution.
At the insistence of the defense, last week, Judge Vicente Guillén Chávez, of the Criminal Judicial Unit of La Libertad, suspended the preparatory hearing for the trial , for falsification of documents and unjustified private enrichment, against the Israelis; and ordered the expertise of the electronic devices, as indeed was done yesterday in Guayaquil.
“We do not want to accuse anyone, or violate the rights of people. From the beginning, the exploitation of cell phones was called for , but mysteriously in the prosecutorial instruction this did not happen. Today, the judge agrees with us and has ruled that this process will not be able to continue its course until the device is thoroughly reviewed ”, Vanegas had expressed, when the hearing in La Libertad was suspended.
In their statements, the foreigners had indicated that the money was the product of the sale of medical supplies, which were marketed in Ecuador, during the critical months of the health emergency, due to the covid-19 pandemic . Information that, they and their defense insisted, was included in their cell phones.
When they gave their versions, both Sheinman Orem and Shy Dahan indicated that they had received the 321 thousand dollars from the hands of Jacobo Bucaram, son of former President Abdalá Bucaram . That they even went to his home in the Kennedy Norte citadel in Guayaquil, where Jacobo had taken the money in a suitcase and that they took photos of the bundles of bills.
The National Comprehensive Attention Service for Persons Deprived of Liberty (SNAI) confirmed the incident and indicated that the investigations had begun.
The SNAI released a statement in which it stated that the victim suffered blows “with a blunt object on the head.” The foreigner, along with his partner, was in the cell of the Twilight Body ward , where those deprived of liberty with minor crimes are kept .
The head of the Penitentiary Security Agents and the security agents who were in custody of the prison, together with the deputy director, went to render their version at the Prosecutor’s Office .
The National Police, through its Twitter account, also reported that “the proceedings are being carried out under the legal direction of the State Attorney General’s Office.”
They found the object with which they would have killed the foreign citizen
Víctor González, prosecutor in the case, indicated that the first investigations were constituted. Among the planned procedures , the cells of the Consular Pavilion were searched , where 20 mobile terminals were seized.
Also SIM and microSD cards, books with various manuscripts, including telephone numbers, drugs, knives and cell phone chargers.
In the search , a handmade weight with a tube and two concrete discs was found, an object with which it is presumed that the attack on the foreign citizen was committed , the Prosecutor’s Office reported.
The board of directors of the prison, Erick V., along with the head of guides and two prison security agents were transferred to the Flagrancia Unit Cuartel Modelo, where the versions were received.
Meanwhile, a group of people deprived of liberty was interviewed at the Penitentiary offices. (I)