According to figures from the Association of banana exporters of Ecuador (AEBE) last January, about 7 million boxes were exported per week. Details from the Secretariat of the Coast, 70% of the fruit would be ready to leave port. The remaining 30% must still comply with the procedure.
Leonardo Ledesma, president of AEBE, ensures that contracts could not materialize due to lack of decision of the producers and they question why they did not tell them about the changes to be made in January.
Only 23.08% of the bananas exporting companies in our country are affiliated to AEBE.
Source: Expreso Newspaper