Posted On 25 Aug 2016
Juan Fermando Holguin, Ecuador’s ambassador in Italy, said that so far there are no reports of injured or deceased Ecuadorians in the 6.1M earthquake registered in the early Morning of Wednesday in Italy.
“So far, according to unofficial information, there are no Ecuadorians who had died or are injured, however, we keep doing a constant monitoring,” said the Ecuadorian diplomat.
The quake, that affected small towns located in the mountains, and leaves far 38 dead and dozens injured, was felt in Rome and Venice. The quake awakened the population at 03:30 loca time (0130 GMT).
The official death toll rises every hour because there are people under the rubble, and many more still missing.